Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Choosing a Specialty for Your Home-Based Travel Agency

When you start a home-based travel agency, one of the biggest things that will draw business to you is your specialty. In my book Five Steps to Your Own Internet Travel Agency, I discuss this in more detail, but it boils down to specializing in the area in which you live or a destination or type of travel with which you are very experienced.

For example, I live near Walt Disney World and the other Central Florida theme parks, and I take a lot of Disney cruises, which gives me an advantage in booking those trip types. Do you live in Florida or another major city like Las Vegas, New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles? Do you know a lot about ski lodges, dude ranches, or some other specialized destination? Are you an expert on travel for singles? For families? Parlay your experience into a lucrative business. Order my book on Amazon or borrow it for free if you're Amazon Prime and you'll learn the five steps on how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment